Hey guys! Have you ever been to Omelegg in Amsterdam? Because you should! Omelegg is an omelettery - where you can have thousands of different kinds of omelettes! Isn't that awesome?! I'm a true egg lover and I like them in any kind, so I had to try this out - and as I had expected, it was an enormous success!
At Omelegg you can pick an omelette from the menu, or Create Your own Egg- which was what I did. First you pick the way you want your omelette to be fried - omelette, sunny side up, scrambled, etc. - then you pick as many toppings as you prefer (you pay for each topping seperately). I picked spinach, chorizo, bacon, and creme fraiche, and IT. WAS. DELICIOUS!! It was so good that I decided to try and prepare this wonderful egg creation myself at home, as I definitely would want to eat this heavenly food way more often!
So, now I like to share this recipe with you guys. Although it took me a bit long to get it ready (I'm not such a great cook), the taste was worth the wait.
Here are all the ingredients you'll need (1 dish):
- 2 eggs
- Chorizo sausage
- Creme fraiche
- 1 piece of sandwich bread
- Salt & pepper
It really depends on your preferences how much you'll need from each, just don't put too much as it won't fit in the omelette.
Now just follow these steps in order to create your beautiful omelette:
- Cut the chorizo sausage into slices. Fry some slices and the bacon in a pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Get a different pan, and let some frying butter melt in there.
- Remove this second pan from the heat as well and break the two eggs into the pan. Stir softly so that the white and yellow parts of the egg get blended a bit.
- Put the pan back onto the stove. Fry the eggs. Add salt & pepper if preferable. When the eggs get a bit less liquid, divide some spinach over the surface. Flip the eggs over and put spinach on the other side as well. Make sure to turn the eggs around one more time so the latter spinach gets fried, too.
- Put your omelette on a piece of sandwich bread.
- Put the bacon and chorizo on one half of the omelette. Add a few dots of creme fraiche on there as well.
- Fold the omelette & you're done! All there's left to do is to EAT IT!
Not that hard to prepare but so good and it really fills you up. Feeling too lazy to cook your own omelette? I recommend visiting Omelegg Amsterdam. I'm sure their omelettes are even more delicious than my self-created one, but if you, like me don't live in our capital town, this recipe may be the best option you've got!
Thank you for reading! Want to see more? Check me out on social media:
Bloglovin' - Facebook - Instagram